Back at the DRAMA!!!!
Back at the DRAMA!!!!

Mark finally gets a few words in edgewise! Lotta good conversations going on on the comments about who’s in the wrong here! The general consensus seems to be “Everybody”.

News: Posted March 12th, 2013 by Alina

^ 61 Comments to “Back at the DRAMA!!!!”

1. WolfsSOL Says:

I can see where she is coming from but Mark is right, no matter how he broke this to her she would have been pissed or mocked him. As someone that has had both happen to him because of my table top gaming hobby I can see where he was coming from.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 1:26 am
  2. Anon_Mahna Says:

Having been in Mark’s shoes (sans not telling the s/o about the gaming), he needs to break it off. Some one else pointed it out, just because two people love each other doesn’t mean they should be together. And if he tries to salvage things, it’ll only buy a brief peace before things go all the way to critical mass. I still love my ex wife to this day. We just should have been smart and divorced a lot sooner than we did.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:01 am
  3. Been waiting for this to come to a head.

As much as I like Sarah, I dont think Mark is going to want to get involved with her anytime soon. Later, maybe. But if they got together now, it would be a bad thing since his heart wouldn’t be in it.

I never had a situation like this come up myself, but I have dated my share of non-gamers and being mocked or made to feel stupid because of your interests is a deal breaker.

Points go to Mark for trying to show her what he was into, loss of points to Mark for sneaking around.

Points go to Jess for at least trying to be part of Marks hobbies. Loss of points for making him feel bad about them, and then snooping.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:01 am
  4. Halzar Says:

NOOOO!

I hope they get back togethor and I’m probably in the minority but I definitely hope mark and sarah don’t start dating after this.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:03 am
  5. DarthThought Says:

OK i’m going to adress some other comments before I get to my own opinion main one I want to address is “Yeah About that”

You say that mark new from Comic forty-four. As part of his character he’s a little dense therefore that comic doesn’t show that she has interest she’s a little nervous but Mark does not know aout her feelings. Abbie, and the others yeah they do, they should’ve stopped the in-game stuff before it could start. As for Mark intnetionally drinking the things that Sarah set out? Correct me if i’m wrong here people but when you have a LARP does everybody know what everyones done BEFORE the game? I saw that as Marks character being hte inept vamp he is.

Yeah that’s about all i can say on that comment.

Oh dear god Alina you….are….killing me………with this I love it but god so many feels! I think that Mark shouldn’t rush into his next relationship; it would just hurt him and whomever he gets into it with. I love this comic I seriously do

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:14 am
  6. Shinji Says:

Hopefully this ark and this relationship is over.

It’s easy to blame Mark for not telling her. But whoever was in this kind of relationships completely understands why he didn’t tell her.

If your partner belittles you for your hobbies and even makes fun of you (worst of all, in public or in front of mutual friends) you just stop to mention your hobbies anymore. Why mention anything if the only reaction is a snarky comment at best?

It’s either this or a full scale fight.

Usually if you care for your partner but get belittled all the time it takes years for you to realize that this is going nowhere and you should end it.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:16 am
  7. Dan Says:

The funny thing is, I’m not sure Sarah will still see Mark as attractive. Now that Mark is single, there’s nothing risque about flirting with him.

Anyway, if Mark really loved Jess, why did he spend seemingly all of his free time with his gaming friends and not her? I’m not necessarily saying that Jess was in the right, but Mark was a lousy boyfriend in many ways.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:32 am
  8. Adafr Says:

Does it make me a terrible person that all I can think is “Finally! Hopefully it’s over!” I think it may…

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:35 am
  9. Mjoellnir Says:

I guess Mark has no idea how incredibly lucky he is to get rid of her. Relationships with people who feel like that about you and your hobbies are a disaster waiting to happen. And he got out of it only with her probably telling everybody that he cheated on her, that could have been way worse too.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 2:42 am
  10. Dancergirl Says:

Ouch, this hurts. I hate seeing couples argue. At the same time, this is the healthy thing for them to do.
    I must say, I feel extremely lucky that most of the guys I’ve dated have been geeks. My first boyfriend introduced me to D&D, and my second boyfriend introduced me to LARPing. That being said, I should probably talk to the guy I’m dating now about my hobby, just so he knows.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 8:22 am
  11. BigAl Says:

I think it is both of their faults. I side with Mark as from being in his shoes. You game lose track of time, and boom you’re late to do something. That said, you do stuff to make up for it. If you are more than 5 to 10 minutes late, you are super late, 20 min or 30 min is just a number at that point. Stop by pick up something nice for her and let her know you were thinking about her.

Though for her derogative feelings about his hobbies, that can happen too. The scenes show he does stuff with her, he didn’t really like to do, but did them anyway. From a writers point of view, he may have done this more than we saw, it is just not part of the plot. Some say he was a lousy boyfriend, but he did support her on what she liked to do.

Also if you haven’t noticed, Mark is a really trusting person. He is also pretty open, unless you deride something he likes, then he will just shut up about it. He wouldn’t have password protected his computer, it wouldn’t occurr to him someone was going to snoop. At least that is my take of his character.

Posted March 13th, 2013 at 9:45 am